"Hello, I am a researcher at the University of Sussex, studying the effects of wildflowers in allotments and urban gardens upon pollinator populations. Starting in the spring of 2016 I am running a ‘citizen science’ project, and would like to get keen gardeners involved from all over the UK. "
There is more about the project below, after her flier . . .
For more information I have set up a Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/SowWild/ or I can be emailed directly at email@example.com.
This is how the project works:
1) You register your interest by 12th Feb 2016 by using the link on the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/SowWild/
2) You are sent a project pack, which includes a pack of wildflowers, sampling equipment and detailed instructions.
3) You sow the ‘Sow Wild!’ wildflower seeds in your allotment or garden in Spring 2016.
4) You sample insects in the wildflower patch in summer, using pan traps, and send them back to us.
5) We let you know what is pollinating your garden or allotment!
6) You repeat the sampling in summer 2017.